Course Description: This "Animals" class is designed to train actors to better exist in imaginary circumstances on a primal level. Theatre Coup d'Etat utilizes this technique as the core of our productions. The purpose of the "Animal Work" is to enhance the instincts and impulses of the actor by cultivating the primal instincts we all have but few of us acknowledge and even fewer call upon to use in our work on stage. This course will give you a set of tools that you can use outside of the class in auditions and shows for the rest of your career. Over this six week course actors will:
- Select and research their animal
- Physically, emotionally, and most often spiritually embody their animal
- "Evolve" their animal into character
- Take their experience into scene work
NOTE: This class is physically and emotionally intense, and there will be instructor-controlled physical contact with other actors.
After this course, you will be better able to:
- Understand how you exist in imaginary circumstances
- Be more comfortable in your body
- Be present in the moment
- Have increased confidence in both the actor and your self, from undergrads to equity actors
- Animal presentation
- "Evolution Process"
- Making "The Kill"
- Taking the experience into scene work
Attendance: Is absolutely critical! We cannot have the best possible learning environment if you are not here. The time you invest here will not only benefit you, but your peers as well.
We look forward to sharing the experience with you!